Was watching the latest cycle of America's Next Top Model on Youtube. And they were told to create poses for 3Cs - Catalogue, Commercial and Couture. Most of the people only understand the fisrt 2 terms. But what is "couture"? I'll try to explain in brief on the differences between these 3 terms ( in fashion )*.
- the most affordable items
- is mainly catagorised as the middle and lower range ( price )
- normally produced in mass
- besides selling the merchandise, they sell the lifestyle as well
- normally ranges from middle range price and above
- mass production as well
- pronounce as ~ ku:'tjue ( ku-tur )
- the highest range in fashion - high fashion
- each item are treated as an art creation
- a lot of artistic value and element
Now here's my own interpretation of the 3Cs using the ads i found in different magazines. 3 different ways to sell the Polo-Tee :
Now can you tell me which one is the most expensive one?
* From my point of view. Might not be 100% correct. :p
Travel Teluk Intan I: Tyre Troubles
2 days ago